It’s been a little over 3 months since we moved into our new house and I have to say we’ve come a looooonnnngggg way! I don’t usually like to pat myself on the back, but we’ve accomplished A LOT in a short amount of time. And we don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
So without further adieu, here’s a re-cap of what we’ve done so far.
The Living Room
The first room we attacked after making settlement. Here’s the living room as pictured in the listing photos for our house:
Here’s what we’ve done to the place:
- Painted the ceiling: Valspar Ultra Premium Ceiling Paint in White (blinding white to hide the ugly brown lines running between these silly ceiling tiles)
- Painted the walls: Behr Paint and Primer in One in Minted Lemon
- Added all of our furniture and re-arranged the layout once or twice
- Created a photo wall (which is coming along quite nicely, by the way)
- Added new, white faux wood blinds + curtains, complete with hold backs for a neat and sophisticated look
- Decorated for Halloween, then Christmas
And here’s what it looks like today:
The second room we tackled. We didn’t waste a second. Here’s what it looked like before it became ours:
And here’s what we’ve done to the bedroom thus far:
- Painted the ceiling: Valspar Ultra Premium Ceiling Paint in White
- Painted the walls: Behr Paint and Primer in One in Burnished Metal
- Added all of our furniture and purchased some sleek, new little lamps for our nightstands
- Threw our DIY headboards back into the mix (we had these in both of our apartments)
- Painted the closet to freshen things up: Behr Paint and Primer in One in Fresh Day (also featured in our new bathroom)!
- Hemmed and hung our old black curtains (recycle)!
Here’s the bedroom today:
And that’s what we have for you so far. How did we do? We feel like these two rooms have passed the 3 month check-up with flying colors (our paint colors are pretty fly). Stay tuned for Part 2 of our 3 month check-up where we’ll walk you through what we’ve been up to with the rest of the house!